The Vancouver Medical Association has a long and rich history that pre-dates its founding in 1898.
It includes a number of artifacts that have been collected over the years.
The VMA was established as a non-profit medical society to:
- Advance scientific, educational, professional and economic welfare of all members
- Promote the highest quality of health care delivery for the people of BC
- Promote the integrity and honour of the medical profession
The VMA is the only forum in Vancouver and area where all physicians – residents, family practitioners and specialists – can meet as a cohesive group and discuss common and/or unique topics.
The VMA also:
- Hosts the Osler Dinner, the premier medical social event of the year, which includes the Osler Oration and Primus Inter Pares Award given by and to prominent area physicians
- Sponsors a bursary for first year medical students
- Is a link with the BCMA on issues specific to Vancouver and area physicians
The VMA brings together and represents all area physicians. The more the membership the better our needs and concerns are heard! Join now if you are not a member!